Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Reality.

Sometimes I wake up in the morning and wonder why I put myself through this. I would like to take the easy way out, graduate with a B.Tech in a subject that I enjoy studying, and get into the working force. Already I'm begining to feel the pressures of having to make lots and lots of money. But I want to pursue something more...I can't explain exactly what I want. I guess I'm just begining to appreciate everything that I've learned in college (outside of the classroom of course). Imagine changing competely your view of the world in a relatively short period of time. Sometimes I tell myself that I haven't changed, stubbornly holding on to my carefree childish attitude. But I can't seem to suppress this new perception of the world. I can no longer pretend to be naive and ignorant, no matter how convenient it is for me. So I strive everyday to learn more about life and about people. Too bad classes get in the way. But its a small price to pay to interact with so many intriguing minds. I need to extend my time within the academic community. It seems as though graduate school is my only option. Unfortunately, this will take a little bit more sacrifice than I had anticipated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah so true... sometimes even i wonder if its worth it....

Shreya said...

Things change. You don't always want them to, but they do. And not always in the way you want.

Good luck with your decisions.